MANAGING POWER OUTAGES
While we can’t tame Mother Nature’s occasional rage, we do a variety of things to help keep power outages from occurring and to keep them as brief as possible when they do occur. These efforts include:
- Scheduling regular maintenance of lines and equipment.
- Trimming trees to keep them away from lines and equipment.
- Investing in technology to monitor our system and identify potential problems.
- Maintaining an outage response plan to ensure outages are repaired quickly.
- Monitoring weather forecasts to adequately manage staffing.
- Maintaining close contact with other electric cooperatives in the region to ensure that additional assistance is available if needed.